Wednesday, January 2, 2013

MasterPieces Update

As stated back in this post I have an appreciation for the Masterpieces cards. So much so that I am attempting to collect as many cards as I can. Maybe one day I will end up with a set or two. But what may surprise you , the reader , is that some I actually mail away to different people. WHAT ?? This card you hold so close to you , you actually send it off , all alone ? Yes I do and this is why.






 I wrote Mr Sims Back in August and It was in my mailbox on December 20th. "Kung Fu Billy Sims" played college football for the University of Oklahoma, where he was a two-time consensus All-American, and won the Heisman Trophy in 1978. He was the first overall pick in the 1980 NFL Draft, and played professionally for the NFL's Detroit Lions. His career came to an end after what is described as a catastrophic knee injury.

My next card went to Mr. Frank Reich ,  whom i sent in August and received in November.




Mr Reich who was a back up most of his career to Jim Kelly , Has the honor of having led the Bills to the largest comeback in NFL history ( and if you notice , this card is depicted from that game ). He managed to recover from a 32 point deficit to lead the Bills to a win.
In 1995 , Reich was picked from the Bill in the expansion draft where he played for the Panthers and then moved on to the Jets and Lions.

Thanks for reading and I hope to be more involved in my blog than recent weeks.( months )

2 comments:

  1. Those look amazing autogaphed! Its almost like they were made for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think so too..I sent to The BOZ as well ( Brian Bosworth ) but looks like that one may be a goner.

      Delete