Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Ironman Cometh

The Ironman himself was in Rochester today. He was to be officially inducted into the International League Hall of Fame. He was placed into the HoF last year but for some reason the ceremony was held tonight. I was thinking about going but could only imagine how crazy it was going to be and well I may have been wrong. f you are interested , a sports beat writer has checked in and wrote this on his site.

http://blogs.democratandchronicle.com/extrabases/

The local card show will be starting up again at the end of the month. It took a 2 month recess for summer and I cant wait to get back. I spent allot of time on Ebay  and purchased probably more than I should have.
I am going to try and find some affordable Virgil Trucks and look for some Wilmer Flores and Manny Machado cards. I did win a lot of Manny cards but the seller shipped those cards to a person who won a Chris Sale Auto card with me getting the Sale card. I immediately shipped back and he refunded telling me the Machados are mine as soon as the other buyer sends them. Well long story short , he has yet to get them. So even though i was refunded , I am out the Machados... My reason for going after those 2 prospects are that I happened to be in Binghamton for business and caught a game between the Bowie Baysox VS Binghamton Mets. Both teams looked solid as far as future stars but those 2 stood out.

Thanks again for checking my page and please leave a comment ( good or bad )



1 comment:

  1. I would have gone to see Cal, no matter the size of the crowd. You never know when you'll get another chance...

    ReplyDelete